Wedding Dress Fitting Tips
Here are some pro tips when it comes to picking out a vintage wedding dress that fits your shape!
- When choosing a corset, pick one that flatters your natural curves.
- If you want to go the ballgown route true to get one that has a beautiful bodice with a full skirt.
- Sweetheart neckline is the best way to go, it will complement your natural feminine shape.
- Structure is key, this is because it adds pads to make your chest appear fuller.
- When you are picking out a dress, keep in mind these wedding dress terms! Ruching, wrapping, and embellishment is the way to go.
- Keep in mind because you don’t have as full of a chest, you can absolutely rock a plunging neckline, with a V in the front or back.
- For petite women, you can make your arms appear longer by wearing a three-quarter-length sleeve.
- Try to avoid ball gowns, it can be an overwhelming look on a small frame. Sometimes even certain mermaid cuts can make your torso appear shorter than it already is.
- You can make your body appear longer with a natural-waisted gown with an A-line or even a fit-and-flare.
- If your goal is to draw attention away from your waist and hips, try wearing an A-line or a ballgown silhouette. Not only do they look great on most body types, they tend to look the best with pear-shaped body types.
- To accentuate your chest and waistline, try to get an embellished or detailed bodice.
- If you are wanting to flaunt what you got, choose something that is fitted around your hips.
- For the tall and slender ladies, picking something that is pretty and elegant yet not too flashy is perfect for you.
- If you want to flaunt your amazing height, add a beautiful sheath to your gown.
- However, if you want to downplay your height, avoid empire waists and go with ball gowns that have low waists.
- When it comes to athletic body types you can show off a sexy silhouette that has a fit-and- flare line. You can also go with a slimming A-line.
- Try getting creative with the neckline, you may be surprised to find something you really love.
- Play with embellishments of your dress.
- Adding a tiered skirt will add visual interest.
- You can also choose to go strapless and show off your amazing arms.
- Wearing wider straps with your dress, it will help support your chest. You can also sneak a bra with your gown since the wide straps will most likely hide the bra straps.
- When choosing your neckline, choose wisely. There are many ways to help flatter your figure with a sweetheart neckline. You can even go with an off the shoulder look that will be extremely flattering.
- Trying getting a higher back or corset because these will also help with support. Hiding a bra with these styles are possible as well, extra support is always welcome!