The Perfect Song List For Father/Daughter Dance
- Sweet Pea by Amos Lee
An adorable and fun choice, not only is it a slow song but has a fantastic beat that makes everyone want to dance.
- Father and Daughter by Paul Simon
It can be considered a faster beat for most slow songs, but it has a unique intro. It also makes people want to bounce with the beat.
- Daughter by Loudon Wainwright III
The intro is long before it gets to the lyrics, and has a very mellow vibe. It is very easy to dance to in case you are worried about not being able to dance.
- Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross
A slow song that reaches the heart and is also easy to dance to. There is nothing special about the beat but it is very soothing.
- Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo’ole
A beautiful song that will bring tears to anyone’s eyes, not only is the melody moving but also easy to dance to.
- Forever Young by Rod Stewart
It is a great intro build up before the lyrics began. It is a great classic and has a faster beat to dance to despite it being a slower song.
- What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
Anytime anyone hears this song (especially the 90’s babies) have a connection. It takes us back to when we were little. It definitely is a tear jerking song.
- My Girl by The Temptations
Another classic piece that everyone knows. It is a fun song and gets you and everyone in the mood to dance. It is a faster beat so it can’t be used as a slow dance song.
- Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison
Also a fun song that everyone knows and gives a sense of familiarity. It is definitely a song that everyone can dance to.
- The Wonder of You by Elvis Presley
Everyone knows Elvis! Not only is this song a classic but it also brings back memories for anyof your older family members, they will definitely love it!
- I Loved Her First,” by Heartland
It has a great beat that is perfect for slow dancing to. The lyrics are also very sweet, enough to bring you to tears in the moment.
- Cinderella,” by Steven Curtis Chapman
Another great slow song, it brings me to tears everytime I hear it. While you dance there is without a doubt a chance you will cry.
- There Goes My Life,” by Kenny Chesney
The intro to this song is long, but it has a great melody. It begins to wind down before the lyrics and is a great song to slow dance to.
- All-American Girl : Carrie Underwood
It is a faster paced song, not meant for slow dances. However, the lyrics are very sentimental and perfect for this occasion.
- For My Daughter – Kane Brown
- Sweet Child O’ Mine,” by Guns N’ Roses
It is definitely not a song you can slow dance to but it doesn’t mean you can’t make a fun dance for it!
- Your my best friend by Queen
This is a classic song, one that everyone knows. You have had to have heard it atleast once in your life.
- She’s a rainbow by The Rolling Stones
A fun song to feature at your wedding, it isn’t necessarily a slow song, but still a great one to dance to.
- Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
You will cry when you hear this song and dance to it. It is a guarantee, but it is an amazing song!
- When I See You Smile by Bad English
This is an easier song to slow dance to, the melody isn’t as sophisticated but the lyrics are perfect.
Fun / Modern
- Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf
It is in the name, it would be a fun song to dance to with your dad. Especially if you both love to dance like nobody’s watching.
- First Man by Camila Cabello
It is a newer song, however it is great to slow dance too. The piano melody is beautiful.
- Dance Like Yo Daddy by Meghan Trainor
Not only is is a modern song, but it also has a really fun beat to dance to. You can even create a choreography together.
- Ain´t That Love by Ray Charles
A faster speed melody, but you can still slow dance to this song. However you also have the chance to create your own choreography for it.
- How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You) by JAMES TAYLOR
This classic song is also a fun one to dance to. The melody is wonderful and the lyrics match up perfectly.