How to find the Wedding Venue of your Dreams!
There are few experiences in life as special as marrying the love of your life. It is, without a doubt, a monumental day in your life and will likely be one you reflect on forever. With that being said, choosing the venue that will host your special day is no easy feat. So how do you find the right wedding venue for your big day? First and foremost, research all the venues in the area that you’re looking to be wed and make a list! Here are some things you should consider when venue shopping.
Things to Consider when Venue Shopping
- Are all of your guests local to the same area or will there be guests traveling?
- What season do you plan to get married?
- Do you want an indoor wedding or an outdoor wedding?
- Can the venue accommodate the number of guests you’re expecting to attend?
As you make your list, make notes beside venues you are interested in and cross off any that don’t meet your needs. You can usually find enough information on venue websites or social medias to decide if that venue aligns with your vision.
When to Book a Tour to Wedding Venues
Once you have an idea of the venues you want to see, it’s time to start scheduling. Wedding venues typically offer meetings through the week for potential couples and families to visit the venue and get a feel for what they offer. Its best to reach out to your perspective venues as soon as you have a date set (even before if your date is flexible!) to schedule a meetings. This allows you plenty of time to see all the venues you’re considering. Before your meetings at each venue, make a few notes of questions you have and be sure to ask those at your first meeting!
What Questions to Ask When Visiting Potential Wedding Venues
Keep in mind, the questions you want to ask will vary greatly depending upon what interests you have. Below are some examples of questions that you could ask to help you find the best venue for your wedding.
- We have a large wedding party and really want them at one table, can your seating arrangements accommodate one long continuous table for all of us?
- What are we responsible for the day of the wedding and after?
- What kind of accommodations do you offer in the event of rain?
- We want to have a large white inflatable castle for the kids to pay in, is that something you would allow?
Visit Multiple Wedding Venues
Here’s the deal, if you visit one venue and know without a doubt that it is the one, then don’t feel pressured to keep looking. I mean, who are we to question love at first sight?! However, if you’re visiting a venue and you can’t imagine yourself on your wedding day, keep looking! By visiting multiple places you can be sure that you’re choosing the best wedding venue for your dream wedding!
Once you have narrowed down your list of potential venues and are down to the final decision, ask yourself these questions.
- When I imagine my wedding day, what are the first 2 things that come to mind? – Do those things line up with the venue you’ve chosen?
- Do I feel comfortable with the people I met who are running the venue? – This is HUGE! If you don’t “click” with the people who are going to be facilitating your wedding day, there is potential for your day to have unnecessary stress.
- Can I picture us (couple) saying our vows at this venue? – If you are the type that has been dreaming of their wedding day, well forever, this one is important too!
We hope that this bit of information will help you choose the best wedding venue for your big day! Wishing you well on your venue hunting and hope to see you soon!